Engineering has been and continues to be a popular qualification across the world, due not only to the variety of work opportunities it offers to qualified professionals but also to the range of practical skills it helps develop.
The advantages of having an engineering qualification
Although obtaining an engineering qualification requires hard work and dedication, it also offers long-term benefits and opportunities, on both personal and professional level.
1. First of all, engineering is a global, universal field, with the same basic principles in every corner of the world. This means that you can get a qualification anywhere, without worrying that what you study will not apply in other countries. It also means that you can travel and work anywhere, without requiring additional degrees, a freedom that not many other fields offer.
2. Engineering is what makes the world go round: engineers are the ones who create all the things that make our lives easier, from roads and bridges to computers and mobile phones, and even the medical devices that help save hundreds of lives on a daily basis. Therefore, being an engineer will give you the satisfaction of making the world a better, more comfortable place for all its inhabitants.
3. In addition, engineering is a broad field that has many sub-disciplines, like mechanical, electrical, chemical or civil engineering; therefore, you can choose to specialize in the one that is more interesting to you. Whichever discipline you choose to study, you will find numerous career opportunities after you graduate, in any corner of the world. Companies are always in need of good engineers and are ready to employ even those without any practical experience and help them grow as professionals.
4. Although engineers are perceived as the “nerds” of the society, they are extremely creative people, since they always have to come up with innovative solutions for creating new products or services. This creativity will also reflect on other aspects of your life, helping you easily find solutions to every problem that may appear in either your personal or professional life.
5. Engineers don’t need as many degrees and qualification to be employable as are required in other fields. Sometimes, several courses and training can help you start your career in an entry-level position. You will need additional qualifications to advance, but in some cases, the employers provide special courses and training for this purpose.
6. Lastly, engineering jobs are probably the best-paid ones, not only in the United States but also in other parts of the world. Companies who need good engineers are ready to offer them significant salaries in order to ensure a long-standing collaboration and avoid their leaving for different, better-paid jobs.
Why choose electrical cable engineering?
Electrical cable engineering is a branch of the larger discipline of electrical engineering, which is usually in charge of designing, developing, testing or supervising the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components or systems for commercial, industrial, military or scientific use.
Electrical cable engineering, on the other hand, is a very complex field that is unfortunately often neglected, as the recent focus has fallen on the more popular communication, computers and electronics. But, since cables electrically connect the world, their importance cannot be denied. Understanding how they work, what affects their normal functioning, what can cause problems and how these can be prevented is essential for many other fields. Electrical cable engineering is closely interrelated to other engineering fields, such as civil or mechanical engineering.
Having an electrical cable engineering qualification might not be extremely popular, but it is an essential branch in most industries it will guarantee you a job opportunity. If you already have a job in another engineering discipline which involves cables and power cables, understanding the basics about them, their design and specifications or what represents risk factors might make your own job easier, without having to rely on other specialized engineers.
If you are already a qualified engineer and want to understand more about cable engineering, a training or a course that covers the basics might be the best option for you.
Which course in electrical cable engineering should you take?
There, are, of course, numerous training or courses you can take in order to understand more about electrical cables. And there is also the possibility to follow a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, which will also cover cable engineering. However, this is not only consuming, but also expensive, and might prove unnecessary if you are already a professional in the engineering field and you don’t want to change your discipline.
A good option if you just want to learn the basics on electrical cables is a short-term course, such as “Introduction to Electrical Cables”. This is a one-day course that covers the basics not only on cable specifications and procurement but also on cable design, cable accessory design and cable ratings. It will also teach you how to detect possible defects in the cable, thus avoiding possible risk situations that could affect a company and cause significant financial loss.
Additional information about the course rates, upcoming dates, and the trainers is available on the website.
This course is offered by Edit Group, which provides engineering training courses as well as technical inspection, engineering, and consultancy services to critical industries across the world. Their aim is to reduce risk, optimize performance and enhance the capabilities of their customers so that they can build successful operations. The Group has a rather vast field of expertise that ranges from defense and security to energy, transport and industry having a database of important clients from all over the world.
Apart from the inspection, engineering and consultancy services they offer, Edit Group constantly organizes conferences, workshops, examinations and courses, both on- and offline, offering professionals the opportunity to either deepen their knowledge or develop new skills. These courses cover all the sectors the group activates and range from beginner or foundation courses to the advanced ones.
These courses  can be booked online, on the company’s website, where more about the covered topics is available for those who are interested.
Image by pixbay