Job Type:Direct Hire
Degree:Bachelor of Science;
Manages tax accounting and analysis in an automotive manufacturing environment to meet and exceed company goals and objectives. Oversees all tax filings, Incentive, and Tax Agreements. Supervises professional tax accounting Team Members. Directs activities including preparation and filing of tax returns, claims and reports, tax accounting, administration and budgeting. Assures compliance of Federal, State, and local tax incentives. Assures compliance with all tax regulations, regulatory review and interpretation, and tax settlement negotiations. Develops and implements effective tax strategies. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Interpret and render advise and analytical analysis regarding tax issues.
* Serve as knowledge expert for Federal, State and Local taxes.
* Develop detailed tax strategy.
* Identify current and future tax risks and cost impacts.
* Provide ad hoc tax data and reports as required by various internal customer departments.
* Prepare monthly analysis and financial reports.
* Lead/participate on a variety of teams in order to complete special projects.
* Manage, prepare, and submit financial data ion a timely and accurate basis.
* Provide vision and leadership for tax functions.
* Communicate operational accounting policy to different levels of management in the company.
* Interact with key suppliers and management on tax issues.
* Manage the workload of the tax group which includes month end closing, development of budgets, forecasts, and financials and day-to-day tasks.
* Provide training guidance, development, and problem solving to tax group.
* Interact and coordinate requirements and activities with government and external auditors.
* Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems (BMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements.
* Meet all other requirements as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
* Advanced degree preferred
* 10-15 years of job related experience preferred
* Tax experience desired
* IRS audit experience in corporate environment required
Skills / Knowledge
* MS Word
* MS Excel
* MS PowerPoint
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of tax regulations and relevant laws.
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.