Job Code : PAL-WC-RY-05-15-13
Job Type :Regular Full Time
Subsidiary/Site :Chugach Government Services, Inc. Alaska Job Corps Center (Palmer)
Location :Palmer AK US 99645
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :High School or equivalent
Compensation :From 00.00 To 14.50 USD Per Hour
Job Description :
Who we are and what we do…
Chugach Alaska Corporation and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Chugachis a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of government and private industries through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. Chugach also provides complete project services to our clients, including design and construction of commercial and government facilities.
Chugach Alaska Corporation was one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. We are privately owned by Alaska Natives. Our stock is not publicly traded.
The Chugach family of companies consists of several subsidiaries and joint ventures that offer our clients professional assistance which combines high-quality base operations and maintenance services with state-of-the-art management services. Chugach’s success is based on an integrated management strategy, fostered by the vision of the Board and fueled by the commitment of our exceptionally skilled employees – who remain diligently focused on customer satisfaction.
EEO/AA Employer. Native Preference Applies Pursuant PL93-638
SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Responsible for assisting in warehouse operations including physically receiving, storing, handling, and issuing supplies, materials and equipment. Ensure that adequate supply of usable stock is maintained for all departments in compliance with government, corporate, and management directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assist with and conduct inventories of all Center equipment and reconciliation of the inventory to property records, as needed.
* Maintain records on all stocked consumable supplies to provide accurate usage data, reorder points, lead-time and stock levels.
* Update and maintain a detailed inventory catalog for inventory supplies.
* Process and cross-reference incoming property and supplies with purchase orders to ensure correct products or services are rendered. Process correct purchase orders into a computerized system to ensure prompt payment of vendors and expedient distribution of needed products for Center consumption.
* Process and input of Inventory Supply Requisitions (ISR) into the computerized accounting system, to fill and distribute inventory supplies for Center use.
* Assist in screening of surplus property and preparation of transfers on equipment being transferred from other sources.
* Coordinate storage notification shipping and/or disposal of student belongings in accordance with Center guidelines.
* Track incoming and outgoing laundry, including scheduling drop off and pick up.
* Act as property custodian for property assigned to warehouse area, including inventorying quarterly, annually and maintaining accountability.
* Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
* Provide customer service to the Center by providing help with questions on expendable inventory items as well as status on purchase orders.
* Ensure warehouse is open in accordance with posted hours.
* Fulfill warehouse transportation requirements by using warehouse truck to pick up purchased items and/or pick up or dispose of property.
* Maintain warehouse to ensure it is clean, safe, and presentable at all times. Trash to be kept at a minimum and removed daily.
* Maintain and organize storage areas for Center records and miscellaneous supplies.
* Maintain accountability of students and property. Adhere to safety practices.
* Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
* Perform all other duties as requested.
Work is typically performed in warehouse and office setting. Employee must regularly lift or move 35 pounds and infrequently life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must go to various buildings on campus and climb stairs to deliver property and to conduct property audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to supervise student support assigned to property.
* Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments.
* Ability to work as a member of a team of individuals working toward a common goal.
* Ability to successfully complete all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
* Ability to meet attendance requirements for the position.
Job Requirements :
* High school diploma or GED.
* Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
* Must be able to obtain commercial drivers license (CDL) within ninety (90) days of employment.
* Ability to pass pre-hire background check and drug test.
* Forklift experience.
* Warehouse experience.
Light Travel Is Required
# of Openings :1
Closing Date :6/7/13
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the “Submit Your Resume” button below.
How did you hear about this job?*–Current Chugach EmployeeChugach Employee ReferralNewspaper AdvertisementCareer FairJob Hot LineRadioState Employment officeMonster.comCraigslistOther Job BoardOtherTwitterFacebookRSS FeedLinkedIn
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend’s email address:
Please contact 1-877-663-8670 for problems and questions relating to this online application process. Corporate policy requires that resumes and applications only be accepted by application to specific jobs via this job board.
Positions with a specific closing date will close at 4:00 pm AKST.
Chugach Alaska Corporation, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.